Cold and rainy weather means soup time! This super fast and easy red lentil and pumpkin soup is soul warming and flavorful.
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 2 onions, chopped
· 2 garlic cloves, chopped
· approx 800g chopped pumpkin, skin removed.
· 100g split red lentils
· ½ small pack thyme, leaves picked, plus extra to serve
· 1l hot vegetable stock
· Pumpkin seeds
· 50g crème fraîche, plus extra to serve
· Heat the oil in a large pan. Fry the onions until softened and starting to turn golden. Stir in the garlic, pumpkin flesh, lentils and thyme, then pour in the hot stock. Season, cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
· Whizz the cooked pumpkin mixture with a hand blender or in a food processor until smooth, then add the crème fraîche and whizz again. Taste for seasoning.
· Serve with a spoonful of crème fraîche, a few thyme leaves and the pumpkin seeds scattered on top.